For 2016, strategic buyers accounted for 85% of Consumer and Retail M&A transactions. During 2015, strategic buyers accounted for 90% of the transactions.
Many Consumer and Retail categories continue to outperform the S&P 500.
Select recent notable publicly announced M&A transactions:
– Symantec Corporation signed a definitive agreement to acquire LifeLock, Inc. for approximately $2.3 billion.
– Samsung Electronics America, Inc. entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Harman International Industries, Incorporated for $8 billion in cash.
– Bain Capital L.P. and Bow Street, LLC entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Blue Nile Inc. for approximately $490 million.
– American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings Inc. entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Metaldyne Performance Group Inc. for approximately $1.5 billion.
– Polaris Industries Inc. entered into an agreement to acquire Transamerican Auto Parts Company, LLC for approximately $670 million.
– Bass Pro Group, LLC entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Cabela’s Incorporated for $4.6 billion.
– Eldorado Resorts, Inc. entered into a definitive merger agreement to acquire Isle of Capri Casinos, Inc. for approximately $990 million.Download Report