For 2017 YTD, strategic buyers accounted for 68% of Consumer and Retail M&A transactions. During 2016, strategic buyers
accounted for 85% of the transactions.
Select recent notable publicly announced M&A transactions:
– American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:AXL) acquired Metaldyne Performance Group Inc. for approximately $3.42 billion.
– BPS Direct, L.L.C. acquired Cabela’s Incorporated (NYSE:CAB) for approximately $8.67 billion.
– Circle K Stores Inc. acquired CST Brands, Inc. (NYSE:CST) for approximately $6.09 billion.
– Rye Parent Corp. acquired Panera Bread Company (NasdaqGS:PNRA) for approximately $7.66 billion.
– Samsung Electronics America, Inc. acquired Harman International Industries, Incorporated for approximately $9.38 billion.
– Sycamore Partners acquired Staples, Inc. (NasdaqGS:SPLS) for approximately $7.85 billion.Download Report Download Report