For year-to-date 2016, total announced transactions of 357 deals are exceeding 2015 record levels. There were 351 transactions during 2015.
For announced transactions, Food and Beverage (“F&B”) multiples saw a modest decrease from 13.4x Enterprise Value to EBITDA to 11.0x.
Many F&B categories continue to outperform the S&P 500.
Notable publicly announced recent M&A transactions:
– Peakstone advises PepperJax Grill on sale of company to TA Associates for an undisclosed amount.
– Peakstone advises Clearbrook Farms on sale of company to Glencoe for an undisclosed amount.
– B&G Foods, Inc. acquired Victoria Fine Foods Holding Company and Victoria Fine Foods, Inc. for approximately $70 million.
– Pilgrim’s Pride Corporation acquired GNP Company for approximately $350 million.
– Mott’s, LLP acquired BAI Brands LLC for approximately $1.7 billion.
– Onex Corporation acquired Moran Foods, LLC from Supervalu, Inc. for approximately $1.4 billion.
– ConAgra Foods acquired Frontera Foods including the Frontera, Red Fork and Salpica brands from the Frontera Hospitality Group for an undisclosed amount.
– B&G Foods North America Inc. acquired ACH Food Companies, Inc., Spices and Seasonings Business for approximately $365 million.Download Report