For year-to-date 2016, total announced transactions of 281 deals are on pace with 2015 record levels. There were 351 transactions during 2015.
For announced transactions, Food and Beverage (“F&B”) multiples saw a modest decrease from 13.4x Enterprise Value to EBITDA to 12.1x.
Many F&B categories continue to outperform the S&P 500.
Notable publicly announced recent M&A transactions:
– ConAgra Foods acquired Frontera Foods including the Frontera, Red Fork and Salpica brands from the Frontera Hospitality Group for an undisclosed amount.
– B&G Foods North America Inc. acquired ACH Food Companies, Inc., Spices and Seasonings Business for approximately $365 million.
– Cott Corporation acquired S&D Coffee, Inc. for approximately $355 million.
– UTZ Quality Foods, Inc. acquired Golden Enterprises Inc. for approximately $144 million.
– Gores Holdings, Inc. acquired Hostess Brands, LLC for approximately $2.2 billion.
– Dean Foods Company acquired Friendly’s Ice Cream, LLC, Manufacturing and retail ice cream business for approximately $155 million.
– Apollo Global Management, LLC entered into a definitive agreement to acquire The Fresh Market, Inc. for approximately $1.3 billion.
– Peakstone advises PepperJax Grill on sale of company to TA Associates for an undisclosed amount.
– Peakstone advises Clearbrook Farms on sale of company to Glencoe for an undisclosed amount.Download Report