Food and Beverage (“F&B”) M&A continues to see strong activity. Q1 2016 had a transaction volume of 117 deals which is just under Q4 2015 record levels, 127 deals in Q4 2015.
For YTD 2016, strategic buyers accounted for 90% of F&B M&A transactions. During 2015, strategic buyers accounted for 87% of the transactions.
Many F&B categories continue to outperform the S&P 500.
Notable publicly announced Q1 2016 M&A transactions:
– InvenTrust Properties Corp. acquired Stevenson Ranch Plaza in Los Angeles, California for approximately $73 million.
– Constellation Brands Inc. entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Huneeus Vintners LLC for approximately $285 million.
-United Natural Foods, Inc. acquired Nor-Cal Produce, Inc. for approximately $69 million.
– Apollo Global Management, LLC entered into a definitive agreement to acquire The Fresh Market, Inc. for approximately $1.3 billion.
– Sazerac Company, Inc. entered into an agreement to acquire the Southern Comfort and Tuaca brands from Brown-Forman Corporation for approximately $544 million.
– Glencoe acquired Clearbrook Farms for an undisclosed amount. Peakstone was the advisor to Clearbrook on this transaction.Download Report