For the 2017 YTD period, strategic buyers accounted for 78% of the Home Décor M&A transactions with financial buyers making
up the difference; during 2016, strategic buyers also accounted for approximately 78% of the transactions.
Select recent notable publicly announced M&A transactions:
– Legrand North America, Inc. acquired Milestone AV Technologies, LLC for approximately $1.2 billion.
– Mill Road Capital LP acquired Lifetime Brands, Inc. (NasdaqGS:LCUT) for approximately $380 million.
– Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. (NYSE:SWK) acquired Newell Brands Inc., Tool Business including Irwin, Hilmor and Lenox Brands for approximately $1.95 billion.
– Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. (NYSE:SWK) acquired Sears Holdings Corporation, Craftsman for approximately $780 million.
– Steinhoff International Holdings N.V. (JSE:SNH) acquired Mattress Firm Holding Corp. for approximately $2.98 billion.
– Vitro, S.A.B. de C.V. (BMV:VITRO A) acquired PPG Industries, Inc., Flat Glass facilities in US and Canada and PPG Canada Inc. (Calgary) for approximately $750 million.Download Report