Packaging M&A continues to see strong activity with 2015 transaction volume of 65 deals.
For the 2015 period, strategic buyers accounted for 80% of the packaging M&A transactions with financial buyers making up the difference. During 2014, strategic buyers accounted for approximately 72% of the transactions.
Notable publicly announced recent transactions:
– Novolex just announced the acquisition of Heritage Bag Company and also acquired Wisconsin Film & Bag in 2015
– WestRock Company just completed the acquisition of Cenveo Packaging in January 2016 for $105 million
– WestRock Company also acquired SP Fiber for approximately $290 million and MeadWestvaco Corporation for approximately $11.6 billion
– KapStone acquired Victory Packaging for $640 million
– Jarden Corp. acquired WNA for approximately $1.4 billionDownload Report