For announced transactions, Restaurant multiples saw a modest increase from 9.6x EBITDA in 2016 to 10.4x EBITDA in year-to-date 2017.
Select recent notable publicly announced M&A transactions:
– J. Alexander’s LLC acquired Ninety Nine Restaurant, Inc. for approximately $200 million.
– Kelly Companies of Southern California, LLC acquired Ignite Restaurant Group, Inc. for approximately $170 million.
– Rye Parent Corp. acquired Panera Bread Company for approximately $7.7 billion.
– Darden Restaurants, Inc. acquired Cheddar’s, Inc for approximately $780 million.
– Oak Hill Capital Partners acquired Checkers Drive-In Restaurants, Inc. for approximately $525 million.Download Report