For 2016, strategic buyers accounted for 91% of technology and software M&A transactions. During 2015, strategic buyers accounted for 95% of the transactions.
Select recent notable publicity announced M&A transactions:
– Cisco Systems, Inc. (NasdaqGS:CSCO) acquired AppDynamics, Inc. for approximately $4.03 billion.
– Siemens Industry, Inc. acquired Mentor Graphics Corporation for approximately $4.82 billion.
– Micro Focus International plc (LSE:MCRO) acquired Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, Software Business for approximately $8.73 billion.
– Inception Parent, Inc. acquired Rackspace Hosting, Inc. for approximately $4.95 billion.
– Oracle Corporation (NYSE:ORCL) acquired NetSuite Inc. for approximately $7.08 billion.
– Verizon Communications Inc. (NYSE:VZ) acquired Yahoo! Inc., Operating Business for approximately $4.48 billion.
– Microsoft Corporation (NasdaqGS:MSFT) acquired LinkedIn Corporation for approximately $29.31 billion.Download Report