For 2019 YTD, strategic buyers accounted for 65% of Consumer and Retail M&A transactions. During 2018, strategic buyers accounted for 69% of the transactions.
Select recent notable publicly announced M&A transactions:
– Perrigo Company entered an agreement to acquire Ranir for $750 million.
– Tivity Health acquired Nutrisystem for $1.4 billion.
– Platinum Equity acquired Jostens for $1.3 billion.
– ARG Holdings acquired Sonic for $2.3 billion.
– Vintage Investment Partners acquired Rent-A-Center for $1.3 billion.
– Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corp. acquired ILG Inc. for about $5.8 billion.
– Tenneco acquired Federal-Mogul for $5.4 billion.
– Peakstone advises Erehwon Mountain Outfitter on sale of company to Camping World Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:CWH) for an undisclosed amount.
– Arby’s Restaurant Group Inc. acquired Buffalo Wild Wings Inc. for approximately $2.9 billion.
– American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:AXL) acquired Metaldyne Performance Group Inc. for approximately $3.42 billion.
– BPS Direct, L.L.C. acquired Cabela’s Incorporated (NYSE:CAB) for approximately $8.67 billion.
– Circle K Stores Inc. acquired CST Brands, Inc. (NYSE:CST) for approximately $6.09 billion.
– Rye Parent Corp. acquired Panera Bread Company (NasdaqGS:PNRA) for approximately $7.66 billion.Download Report