For the 2017 YTD period, strategic buyers accounted for 92% of the E-Commerce M&A transactions with financial buyers making
up the difference; during 2016, strategic buyers accounted for approximately 93% of the transactions.
Select recent notable publicly announced M&A transactions:
– Bain Capital Private Equity, LP; Bow Street, LLC acquired Blue Nile, Inc. for approximately $500 million.
– Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. (NasdaqGS:BBBY) acquired PersonalizationMall.com, Inc. for approximately $190 million.
– Hangzhou Lianluo Interactive Information Technology Co.,Ltd (SZSE:002280) acquired Newegg Inc. for approximately $180 million.
– QVC Group (NasdaqGS:QVCA) acquired HSN, Inc. (NasdaqGS:HSNI) for approximately $1.83 billion.
– Samsonite LLC acquired eBags, Inc. for approximately $110 million.Download Report