Through 2018, strategic buyers accounted for 88% of the Industrials and Manufacturing M&A transactions with financial buyers making up the difference; during 2017, strategic buyers accounted for approximately 90% of the transaction.
Select recent notable publicly announced M&A transactions:
– Greif Packaging acquired Caraustar for approximately $1.8 billion.
– DWABTEC (NYSE: WAB) acquired a division of General Electric (NYSE: GE) for approximately $11.1 billion.
– Aviall, Inc. – a Boeing Company – acquired KLX Inc. (NasdaqGS: KLXI) for approximately $4.4 billion.
– Tenneco Inc. (NYSE: TEN) acquired Federal Mogul (NYSE: FDML) for approximately $5.4 billion.
– Knauf Group acquired USG (NYSE: USG) for approximately $6.48 billion.Download Report