For 2018 YTD, strategic buyers accounted for 86% of the Packaging M&A transactions with financial buyers making up the difference; during 2017, strategic buyers also accounted for approximately 82% of the transactions.
Select recent notable publicly announced M&A transactions:
– Novolex acquired The Waddington Group for $2.3 billion.
– Graphic Packaging International, Inc. acquired North America Consumer Packaging Business of International Paper Company for approximately $1.8 billion.
– DS Smith Plc (LSE:SMDS) acquired Indevco Management Resources, Inc. for approximately $1.15 billion.
– Loews Corporation (NYSE:L) acquired Consolidated Container Company LLC for approximately $1.2 billion.
– RPC Group Plc (LSE:RPC) acquired Letica Corporation for approximately $640 million.
– WestRock Company (NYSE:WRK) acquired Multi Packaging Solutions International Limited for approximately $2.3 billion.Download Report