For 2018, strategic buyers accounted for 88% of the Packaging M&A transactions with financial buyers making up the difference; during 2017, strategic buyers also accounted for approximately 82% of the transactions.
Select recent notable publicly announced M&A transactions:
– Greif Packaging acquires Caraustar Industries for $1,800 million.
– One Madison Corporation acquires Ranpak for $950 million.
– Cascades acquires Urban Forest Products for $37 million.
– Amcor Limited acquires Bemis Company for $6,875 million.
– Pregis acquires Free-Flow Packaging International (represented by Peakstone) for an undisclosed amount.
– Novolex Holdings acquires The Waddington Group for $2,300 million.Download Report