In 2021, median transaction value in Packaging climbed to $159 million, from just $65 million in 2020. In 2021, strategic buyers accounted for 83% of transactions, rising from 80% in 2020.
Select recent notable publicly announced M&A transactions:
– Sonoco Products Company closed its acquisition of Ball Metalpack for $1.4 billion in December 2021.
– Silgan Holdings closed its acquisition of Unicep Packaging for $237 million in September 2021.
– Silgan Holdings closed its acquisition of Gateway Plastics for $485 million in September 2021.
– Pactiv Evergeen closed its acquisition of Fabri-Kal Corporation for $380 million in September 2021.
– Graphic Packaging International closed its acquisition of Americraft Carton for $280 million in April 2021.Download Report