In 2017, strategic buyers accounted for 93% of the Pet M&A transactions with financial buyers making up the difference; during 2016, strategic buyers accounted for approximately 79% of the transactions.
Select recent notable publicly announced M&A transactions:
– The Riverside Company acquired Petstages for an undisclosed amount.
– The Riverside Company acquired Bionic for an undisclosed amount.
– Cooke Inc. acquired Omega Protein Corporation (NYSE:OME) for approximately $510 million.
– The J. M. Smucker Company (NYSE:SJM) acquired Blue Acquisition Group, Inc. for approximately $5.77 billion.
– CVC Capital Partners acquired Petco for approximately $4.6 billion.Download Report