For the 2017 YTD period, strategic buyers accounted for 94% of the Pet M&A transactions with financial buyers making up the
difference; during 2016, strategic buyers accounted for approximately 79% of the transactions.
Select recent notable publicly announced M&A transactions:
– The Riverside Company acquired Petstages for an undisclosed amount
– The Riverside Company acquired Bionic for an undisclosed amount
– Cooke Inc. acquired Omega Protein Corporation (NYSE:OME) for approximately $510 million
– The J. M. Smucker Company (NYSE:SJM) acquired Blue Acquisition Group, Inc. for approximately $5.77 billion
– CVC Capital Partners acquired Petco for approximately $4.6 billion.Download Report