In 2018 YTD, strategic buyers accounted for 94% of the Pet M&A transactions with financial buyers making up the difference; during 2016, strategic buyers accounted for approximately 79% of the transactions.
Select recent notable publicly announced M&A transactions:
– Smucker’s acquired Ainsworth for approximately $1.9 billion.
– Hines Resource Group acquired Spectrum Brands for approximately $2.3 billion.
– General Mills, Inc. acquired Blue Buffalo Pet Products, Inc. for approximately $8.3 billion.
– The Riverside Company acquired Petstages for an undisclosed amount.
– The Riverside Company acquired Bionic for an undisclosed amount.Download Report