For the 2017 YTD period, strategic buyers accounted for 90% of the Industrials and Manufacturing M&A transactions with
financial buyers making up the difference; during 2016, strategic buyers accounted for approximately 88% of the transactions.
Select recent notable publicly announced M&A transactions:
– Penske Automotive Group, Inc. (NYSE:PAG); MBK USA Commercial Vehicles Inc. acquired Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P. for approximately $670 million.
– EQT Partners AB acquired Global Gateway South Terminal for approximately $820 million.
– Scorpio Tankers Inc. (NYSE:STNG) acquired Navig8 Product Tankers Inc. for approximately $1.18 billion.
– Knight Transportation, Inc. (NYSE:KNX) acquired Swift Transportation Company (NYSE:SWFT) for approximately $2.97 billion.
– Grupo México Transportes S.A. de C.V. acquired Florida East Coast Holdings Corp. for approximately $2.1 billion.Download Report